Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Resources to research health and wellness topics in magazine articles and books, plus some really good Web sites you should know about.
- Nursing students should use our Nursing LibGuide when more professional resources are needed.
Search for health & wellness magazine articles in databases
All of these databases provide articles from health magazines and journals. Use while off campus requires a login (myLSCO).
This tutorial covers searching using the basic Ebsco search screen, which applies to all of these databases except the last one:
- Health Source: Consumer Edition Health and wellness magazines for the general public
- Alternative Health Watch Magazines and journals that cover alternative or complementary treatments and health practices (yoga, massage, acupuncture, chinese medicine, etc.)
- Academic Search Complete Magazines and scholarly journals. Use the full-text limit.
- MasterFILE Premier Has more magazines and less journals than Academic Search Complete. Use the full-text limit.
- Credo Reference Large collection of reference books, encyclopedias and dictionaries. Use advanced search and check the box that says "Search only within headings" to improve search results.
Search for books and videos on health topics
Search by a health topic keyword in the catalog search box below. Use short phrases or search for two or more search terms connected by AND, OR, NOT. For example: tai chi and arthritis
Note the call number and location of books or videos. When finished use the browser back arrow to return to this guide.
Health & wellness Web sites
- MedlinePlus Medical portal of health information by the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health for the general public. Provides health pamphlets, news and newsletter articles from reputable health sources.
- Nutrition.gov Nutritional information sponsored by the U.S.D.A.'s National Agricultural Library
- Merck Manual Home Edition Handbook of diseases published by Merck, the pharmaceutical company, designed for Web users.
- Drugs.com Drug information site giving descriptions, interactions, side effects, and drug news
Monday-Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Wednesday -Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m